Credit and Product Return Policy
Product quality and handling of product is of the utmost concern for Capital Foodservice. In order to maintain a high standard of product while ensuring customer credits are promptly addressed the following policy is in place for all product shipped from CFS
- All customers Request for Credits from previous deliveries are to be directed to the Customer Service Department
- Request for Credit must be called in within 48 hours from the time they have received the product.
- Any customer pricing issues or discrepancies made by a customer are to be handled by the Customer Service Manager.
- Restocking fees may be applied
- Products are returnable for credit only when they are in the original full case package free of markings or damage.
PERISHABLE PRODUCTS (fresh seafood, meat and poultry, dairy and produce)
To limit the risk of cross contamination with other food products the following process applies
- All perishable products must be returned in the original, sealed container and stored at all times, prior to pick-up, within the required temperature range (listed above)
- Delivery Associates are not allowed to pick-up perishable products that do not comply with these product safety requirements
- All returned perishable items are subject to inspection by a Capital Foodservice Representative before the actual credit can be processed
- Treat chemical returns with extra attention. Federal CFIA regulations prohibit the transport of open-container chemicals, or chemical products not in the original packaging
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
- Special order items have been purchased especially for you. Because they cannot be resold, they are not returnable except when damaged, or of questionable quality at the time of delivery. No Booking items may be returned unless there is a quality issue.
- To return Special items after delivery, due to damage or quality concerns, you will need authorization after an inspection by a Capital Foodservice Associate
- Drop shipments are made directly to you from our suppliers. Contact your Capital Foodservice Territory Manager about any unacceptable items within 24 hours of delivery
- Auto shipments are commonly requested for promotional activity and they have been authorized in advance for you. Authorization by a designated Capital Foodservice representative is required for returns
KEY DROP SHIPMENTS
- Key drop deliveries minimize disruptions to your restaurant operations. All delivery discrepancies must be communicated to Capital Foodservice by 11 am the same day